Doctoral degree studies are available to:
- applicants who have completed a master’s degree or an integrated degree consisting of a minimum of 300 ECTS credits and earned an average grade of at least 8 (eight) in their undergraduate and postgraduate studies;
- applicants who have completed a master’s degree or an integrated degree consisting of a minimum of 300 ECTS credits and achieved results in academic research: at least three articles in journals of national significance or one article in an international journal recognized by the Ministry of Science of the Republic of Serbia;
- applicants with the academic title of “magister” if they have not submitted their doctoral dissertation proposal in accordance with Article 128 of the Law on Higher Education.
The doctoral study programme aims to familiarize students with contemporary insights into security studies and further their theoretical and research competences, enabling them to study security phenomena and issues in an objective, systematic and critical manner.
The programme is designed to enable our PhD students to acquire advanced scholarly and academic skills and competences needed to engage in theoretical exploration and research while keeping abreast of the development and advances in security studies worldwide:
- a thorough understanding of issues in security studies,
- conducting cutting-edge research and resolving theoretical and practical issues in the field and
- a critical evaluation of the achievements and research results in security studies.
Doctoral students who complete their doctoral degree are awarded the title of Doctor of Philosophy in Security Studies.